The Allegheny High School basketball team.
Allegheny High School (now Allegheny Middle School), is currently located at 810 Arch Street on Pittsburgh’s North Side was established in 1883 as a two year secondary school offering academic and commercial courses. The school was built and designed by Marion Steen and Federick Osterling in the Art Deco and Classical Revival styles. The school’s curriculum was lengthened to three years in 1889 and finally to four years in 1895. The building was added to the register of national historic places in 1986.